Brooklyn Preschool follows the COVID-19 requirements and recommendations set by the Oregon Department of Education’s Early Learning Division (ELD) and Oregon Health Authority to establish standards of health and safety in our community. We require staff and membership (household members ages 12+) to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
In addition to age-eligibility, Brooklyn Preschool has three main membership requirements: family teaching, performing a family job, and fundraising obligations.
Any family able to meet these requirements is eligible to join Brooklyn Preschool. Members are also required to pay tuition and fees.
Brooklyn Preschool maintains a strict non-discrimination policy, in which membership is available to everyone, regardless of race, ability, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
What is my parent teaching commitment?
- Brooklyn families teach in the classroom an average of 2 to 3 times a month, depending on the number of days their child attends school.
- There are 2-3 family teachers per class per school day.
- Family teachers also attend mandatory membership meetings every other month. These meetings are an opportunity to ask questions, converse with other co-op members, receive training and education, and discuss school business.
What is a family job?
- Every co-op family performs a member job that vitally contributes toward our school’s day-to-day and overall operations. Each job is unique and requires a different skill-set and time commitment.
- Some examples of family jobs at Brooklyn: teacher’s assistant, field-trip coordinator, snack coordinator, gardener, class cook, community builder, newsletter editor, class photographer, and positions on the school’s board of directors.
How much does it cost?
Costs include monthly tuition, insurance, and a fundraising obligation.